MAVERICK, THE COLLECTION™
1. Who We Are
Maverick, The Collection, LLC, a Florida limited liability company (“Maverick”) collects, uses, and is responsible for certain personal information about you. This Privacy Notice is GDPR compliant.
2. The Personal Information We Collect and Use
2.1. Information Collected by Us
In the course of you accessing Maverick’s Website, we collect the following Personal Information when you provide it to us:Personal Information you provide in online forms such as name, phone number, address, payment information, and email address.
2.2. Information Collected from Other Sources
We also obtain personal information from other sources as follows:
· Access date, time, and location via IP address.
· Any other information you voluntarily provide to Maverick.
· Tracking technology such as cookies to allow web servers to transfer data to your device for recordkeeping.
· Independent sales representative may obtain your Personal Information and share it with Maverick.
2.3. How we use your personal information
We use your Personal Information for getting in touch with you regarding purchasing merchandise, becoming an independent sales representative, purchases and returns, merchandise shipping, newsletters and promotions, personalization of services and access, connecting with independent sales representatives, to allow you to participate in contests and sweepstakes, to allow you to communicate with others on the Maverick Website, and to enable Maverick to respond to your requests.
2.4. Who We Share Your Personal Information With
We routinely share your name and delivery address details with shipping companies used for shipping merchandise to you and share your Personal Information with independent sales representatives.
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
[Is there anyone else?]
2.5. Whether Information Has to Be Provided by You and Why
We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide the information to us.
2.6. How Long Your Personal Information Will Be Kept
We will hold your Personal Information—except for payment information—for 6 years. Your personal information can be accessed via a customer account or independent sales representative portal.
2.7. Independent Sales Representative Personal Information
Regarding the Personal Information of Independent Sales Representatives, Personal Information would be collected in addition to any Personal Information Maverick has already collected from you as a customer, as described above.
If you seek to become an Independent Sales Representative, we may collect and use your Personal Information to determine your eligibility.
In order to be appointed an Independent Sales Representative, you may be required to enter into a separate agreement with Maverick ("Representative Agreement"). If you have entered into a Representative Agreement, we may collect, use and disclose your Personal Information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and the terms of your Representative Agreement. We also may collect, use, and disclose your Personal Information as necessary to fulfill our obligations under the Representative Agreement. In the event of a conflict between this Privacy Statement and the Representative Agreement, the terms of the Representative Agreement will apply. Once you are an Independent Sales Representative, we may disclose your Personal Information:
· to other Independent Sales Representatives or their equivalent;
· to current and potential customers who are seeking the assistance and/or merchandise of Maverick; and
· as necessary to comply with legal requirements such as tax and record keeping obligations.
Maverick may also combine any other information that we and our third-party service providers collect about your use of the Maverick Website with your unique Representative/account number. We may use the combined information to analyze use of the Maverick Website in order to evaluate and make improvements to our business model and for other internal analytics purposes.
3. Transfer of Your Information Out of the EEA (for those to who the GDPR directly applies)
We may transfer your personal information to the following which are located outside the European Economic Area (EEA) as follows:
• United States of America in order to provide your name and address details so that our overseas suppliers can send you the goods you have ordered
Such countries do not have the same data protection laws as the United Kingdom and EEA. Whilst the European Commission has not given a formal decision that such countries provide an adequate level of data protection similar to those which apply in the United Kingdom and EEA, any transfer of your personal information will be subject to safeguards that are designed to help safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a misuse of your personal information.
If you would like further information please contact Maverick (see “How to Contact Us” below).
4. Your Rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
• Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
• Access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
• Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
• Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
• Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
• Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
• Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
• Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
• Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
• Email Maverick (See “How to Contact Us” below)
• Let us have enough information to identify you such as your email address.
• Let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving license or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill).
• Let us know the information to which your request relates.
If you would like to unsubscribe from any email newsletter you can also click on the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the email newsletter. It may take up to 10 days for this to take place.
5. Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorized way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorized manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
6. California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law permits customers in California to request certain details about how certain types of their information are shared with third parties and, in some cases, affiliates, for those third parties’ and affiliates’ own direct marketing purposes. Under the law, a business should either provide California customers certain information upon request or permit California customers to opt in to, or opt out of, this type of sharing.
Maverick will not share personal information as defined by California’s “Shine the Light” law with third parties and/or affiliates for such third parties’ and affiliates’ own direct marketing purposes unless it receives your opt-in consent. If you are a California resident and wish to obtain information about our compliance with this law, please contact us in accordance with the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Any California residents under the age of eighteen (18) who have registered to use the Site and posted content or information on the Site, can request that such information be removed from the Site by sending an e-mail to the email address below. Requests must state that the user personally posted such content or information and detail where the content or information is posted. We will make reasonable good faith efforts to remove the post from prospective public view.
7. How to Complain
We hope that Maverick can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live, or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. Maverick’s Data Protection Officer, [insert name]may be contacted via email to Hello@MaverickTheCollection.com.
8. Changes to This Privacy Notice
This privacy notice was published on October 13, 2018 and last updated on October 13, 2018.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time, when we do we will inform you via email and/or notice on the Maverick Website.
9. How to Contact Us
Please contact Maverick if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.
If you wish to contact Maverick, please send an email to Hello@MaverickTheCollection.com.
10. Do You Need Extra Help?
If you would like this notice in another format (for example: audio, large print, braille) please contact us (see “How to contact us” above).